I didn’t know I loved egg salad sandwiches until recently. I was on vacation and we stopped in Starbucks to grab coffee and a bite to eat. The egg salad sandwich there was just calling to me, so I bought it. I seriously could not stop thinking of that damn sandwich! I even bought it again the next week. $7 for a little sandwich is just too lavish for my life, especially when it must be cheap to make.
After much research, I found this recipe from 101 Cookbooks. It really is a replica of the Starbucks egg salad sandwich. The recipe is below, and I have made it a couple times. It is so easy and can make several sandwiches.
Starbucks Inspired Egg Salad Sandwich from 101 Cookbooks – link here.
- 6 large eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (or Greek Yogurt)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Stalks celery, washed and chopped into small peices
- 1/2 bunches chives, chopped
- lettuce for the top
- 8 slices of whole grain bread, toasted
- Boil the 6 eggs per the directions on Make the Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- After the eggs are peeled, put them in a medium bowl.
- Add the mayo to the bowl, keep it by you because you may need to add the mayo to keep it moist and together.
- Put in some salt and pepper, personal preference here.
- Mask with a fork. You want to keep it pretty chunky and textured, no need to mash it into a creamy egg salad. This is what makes it so yummy!
- Stir in celery and chives.
- Make your sandwiches! It should make 4 in total.
Interesting to note: I hate almost all the ingredients in this egg salad sandwich. I hate mayo and celery. But together, it is just divine!